Thursday 27 December 2007

Happy Holidays!

I hope that wherever you are and whatever you celebrate, that you are having a lovely holiday!

The last few days were a blur - the week before Christmas I screened a dozen or so families and finally placed the last two puppies from Luna's litter. I think that they are in fabulous homes!

I also drove to arrange a meeting between dear Maple (pictured above) and a potential adopter. Unfortunately, after a few minutes together we discovered something totally unforeseen - the adopter was REALLY allergic to her! (Running eyes, broke out in hives and welts - yikes!!!)

Obviously that wasn't going to work...

Anyway, as the holiday approached, I tried to get things organized. Every year we go to visit my family, and my hubby's family about 4 hours away for just a couple of days. The dogs come with us, but the cats stay here and have a sitter look in on them. After her latest "incident" I wasn't about to leave Bijoux with a sitter, so she was bundled into a crate and came along on the holiday travels.

She did really well and seems to have totally recovered from her latest troubles. I swear that girl has used up all 9 of her lives and is now borrowing from the other cats! :o)
She seems to like the new pink sweater that she got for Christmas, and all of the kitties got a new climbing post. They seem to like it - they are taking turns being on the top perch and playing "King of the Castle" - pushing each other off!!!
The dogs were very happy with the peanut butter biscuits that their friend Debra sent, a new toy from Andrea and warm winter coats.
Anyway, please give the furry members of your family and extra hug from me today!
Here's hoping that the new year is full of health, compassion and lots of whatever you need!

Shelly and crew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home