Thursday 22 May 2008

Surprise!


So, things have been lurching along nicely - the odd crisis - nothing completely shattering...

And I am starting to think things are under control. Hah!

On the positive side, I heard from the people who adopted Benny today (my former foster chihuahua with attitude!) and he is working in really well - yipee!


I have a really nice couple coming by on Sunday to see Kes, the slightly older but bouncy and playful cocker spaniel that is here - also yipee (with fingers crossed).


The new office fosters (Molly and Winston) are doing well, and we are continuing to work on Annabelle and her kittens.


The recovering parvo pup Fitz is doing well and his foster momma is not going to put up with any of his spoiled shihtzu habits!


Sooo - guess what I found waiting for me tonight?
I was on kid duties - flute lesson, vocal lesson, then haircuts and grocery shopping...
We arrived home and hubby said "Thank goodness you're here - there are REALLY little kittens in the garage!"
Well - there are 4 orphans - maybe 2 weeks old in a ratty box with an old tshirt and an open can of wet food that they can't even hope to eat.:o(
Stoopidly - I don't have any feline mammalac in the house and it is too late to get any from the vet, or pet store and the closest would be the emergency clinic which is about 45 minutes away. Doh!
So I did exactly what you should never do. I couldn't see any fleas or mites, they seemed to have clean butts and noses... So I rubbed them on the other 4 kittens and gave them to my nursing momma. Thankfully she took to them and has nursed them. They don't seem too dehydrated or cold so they might be okay. I just hope they don't have something horrible that I have now passed along to the other healthy kittens. (Which is why it is generally a bad idea)


They are about half the size of the mommas real kittens and amazing, but one of the kittens (4 weeks old) was actually grooming the new guys while they were trying to nurse. It was so cute!
They are all sleeping in one big furry pile now.


Anyway, I hope they are all still going in the morning...
Man, I am getting too old for this type of excitement!


I hope your day is a bit more boring. :o)
ttys, Shelly and crew

1 Comments:

At 25 May 2008 at 16:08 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to find little kitties -sigh

Don'leave us in suspension , Shelly , how are they doing ????!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home