Monday 23 February 2009

Cold! And good news for Caramel!


Cold, cold, cold! Is winter ever going to end!?!

Okay - confession time. I hate winter. It's true.

Although I love living in Canada and I think we have a great many good things going for us - I really, really hate being cold!

This winter has seemed particularly long and cold - but maybe that's just me.

Because I am so bothered by the cold, I absolutely hate seeing animals outside. I have a cat that visits my property. I think he was a former pet who was dumped because he is wearing a collar. He seems too thin to be an indoor cat who is just having a daily wander. Plus, I have seen him at various times of day. I have been feeding him, and trying to catch him all winter but he is shy and wants nothing to do with me. Yet!

This week we took in a small beagle mix, whose family was leaving him tied up outside for long hours on end. Poor Caramel has very little coat. Certainly not the type of dog who could cope with being left outside! I asked a friend who lives much closer to his former home, if she would be willing on standby to take him quickly if his people finally agreed to let him go. Often in cases like this people will waffle about giving the dog up. Someone close who can react quickly is a definite asset!

Anyway, they finally said he could go - so she was there right away to take him in and foster.

Caramel had been tied up outside or living in a tiny wire crate when he was in the house. He is just a young fellow - only 9 months - but has had 3 owners already in his short life.

I am sure that there will be issues, but so far he is doing well. He adores her other silly beagle and the two love to romp in the snow together. This is good!

Tired puppies = good puppies in my book! ;o)

I got the most fabulous news later in the week - she has decided to keep Caramel.

Lucky, lucky boy! Although it means (probably) one less foster place for me to use, what a great place for him to be. He will be warm and safe, have people and dogs to play with and love and to teach him the proper social skills.

Way to go Caramel! (And thank you Andrea!)


Stay warm!
Shelly and crew =^..^=





2 Comments:

At 23 February 2009 at 15:51 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lucky Caramel is!! Great news - thanks Andrea, and Shelley.

 
At 24 February 2009 at 13:51 , Blogger Totally Timmy said...

always nice to hear good news!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home