Sunday 24 August 2008

Busy, busy weekend - yipee!


Sometimes it seems to take forever to find good adoptive homes and other times there is a great flow...

This weekend has been very busy!

On Friday I took a litter of kittens to the vet for their 9 week shots. Well, the new receptionist fell in love with the fluffy black and white girl, and not wanting to split up a family she decided that she would adopt both black and white kids. :o)

I also think that usually kittens do better if there is someone near their own age to play with. She is well recommended by the vet, and unless she has second thoughts, they will be going to her home on Monday. Awwww - nice!!!

On Saturday, a woman and her nice young daughter came to visit and fell promptly in love with Misty - the little silver tabby orphan. Misty still has a bit of a weepy eye, so I will keep her until her cold is totally over - but she has a little girl waiting for her. Yesh!

Misty will love having a girl of her own - she is a really cuddly, play-with-your-hair, lounge on your lap type of kitty. Another nice match!

Today, I met up with a nice woman who had inquired last week about Foxy, the orange maine coon cat. After vigorous examination, I decided that she was a great match, and so Foxy went to his new home today - with a new kitty friend named Slim and a dog of his own.

Pheeww - I am tired!

Now, I am waiting for the nice couple coming from Guelph to meet Mallow. I hope it works!
They loved the stories about her, and she has been such a wonderfully "mothering" cat that she deserves a great place of her own. These people have someone home all day and I think that Mallow will really like it. Fingers crossed that they all like each other!

So a lot of kitties moving along into good homes - always nice - and next week will be very doggy oriented.

On Monday I pick up Chelsey and Angel the two shihtsu sisters whose owner died, and take them to the vet. Chelsey has a big lump on her haunch and I am really, really hoping it is a fatty lump and not anything awful...

On Tuesday I will be taking a little shihtsu in to see if she is pregnant. We were told she was spayed but she seems to have milk coming in...
Stay tuned!

Tuesday evening we will be appearing on Animal Housecalls (TV channel CP24). I am not sure exactly who we will take on the show, but I am betting that with the number we have - there will be at least one or two shihtsus in the mix!
Anyway, I should run - need to scoop a few litter boxes and walk some dogs!
Shelly and crew



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home