Sunday 3 August 2008

What DO I do all day???


I am so sorry - I have been a very bad blogger!!!
I can't believe that it has been over a month since I posted - but there it is - the proof (date stamp) in black and white. Sorry!!!

Okay, so I haven't actually been just a lazy girl - LOTS has happened!


Sebastian (who was pictured in the last entry) has been adopted Yay!!!

Also, all of Mallow's kittens have found homes, including the amazing Periwinkle that I talked about. She is the kitten that would help her Mom take care of the little orphans. What a sweet, sweet kitty!

Speaking of my orphans, they are actually old enough to be adopted, even though they are physically very small cats. They are pictured above. We named them Spartacus and Theopompous as they were such fighters. Fighting to stay alive that is - they are really very sweet and cuddly with humans and other cats!

Sparta and Theo absolutely adore Tony. He is the last of his litter to be adopted (even his Mom - Annabelle has found a home) and the three tabby dudes just love to sleep in one big furry heap. I have tried to get a decent picture of that but at least one guy seems to hear me and wake up everytime I try. :o)

I have had two more orphans (non-related) come by since them. A really friendly girl named Misty (grey tabby) and Pashmina (long haired white with one gold and one blue eye). They are currently bunking in together as they both have colds (and no one else does - touch wood!)

Puff still has his ear thing but we think we may have a new strategy we are working through (fingers crossed). My dearest hope is that he can be ruled infection free and I can get him integrated with other kitties and out of isolation asap. Amazing that he is still as sweet and lovabel as he is with all the cleaning and poking he has been through.

So that is 11 foster kitties at the moment. I still have 2 foster dogs as well. Plus my own crew - well no wonder I am tired of cleaning!
Remember Bijoux? Well I had quite the scare with her last week and I really thought that I might lose her. She was having the worst time - regurging many, many time per day and because it was so hot she was in real danger of dehydrating. I was syringing her with food/water and catnip tea. Did you know that catnip tea promotes appetite in cats? Finally we started her on a new medication that is supposed to help with nausea and vomiting.
Why would the powers that be develop and anti-vomitign drug that you have to give by mouth? Why not injectable? This drug is only given once every 3 days. So of course, very soon after giving it to Bijoux she promptly barfed. I had no idea whwther she got all/some/none of the med but of course couldn't give her any more for 2 days. Welcome to my world!

Whatever the cause - meds/tea/just worked "it" through... after a day or two she was back to her version of normal. She is eating pretty well and keeping most of it down so I am slowly relaxing and worrying a bit less.
That Bijoux! She is such a wonderful girl and I just hope she can have as normal and nice a life as we can create for her.
Anyway, that's the first bit of update. I promise to try and pay more attention and keep up a bit better!

Hope you are all having a lovely summer!

ttys,
Shelly and crew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home